6 causes of postpartum depression in women
Multiples Postpartum depression causesAlthough the birth of a child is usually accompanied by joy, happiness and the immense feeling of motherhood, the mother soon discovers the great responsibility she bears towards that little being who may not stop crying and will deprive her of sleep when she is still tired from the effects of pregnancy and childbirth. The mother finds herself immersed in postpartum depression.
In this article, learn about the causes of postpartum depression in women, the risk factors that increase the likelihood of its development, as well as the leading causes of depression in men after the birth of a child.
Postpartum depression causes
blow Postpartum depression One in every 8 women gives birth, and it may begin after birth during the first six months of the child’s life, and depression lasts more than two weeks and may last more than a year. 
include Postpartum depression causes the following: 
After giving birth, women undergo hormonal changes, some of which may be Causes postpartum depressionsame as:
- Estrogen and progesterone: Estrogen and progesterone levels are very high during pregnancy, but drop rapidly after delivery within a few days, and some women are more prone to depression as a result of these hormonal changes.
- Thyroid hormone: One of the causes of postpartum depression is a sharp drop in the level of thyroid hormones; which leads to general tiredness, fatigue, and depression.
After giving birth, it may be difficult for the mother to accept her new body or to understand that it takes time for the body to return to normal and recover, and that her exposure to social pressures to restore her body structure affects her mental health and may cause depression. 
Lack of sleep
can return Postpartum depression causes until exhaustion and lack of sleep What is the mother facing due to taking care of the newborn as a result of the child’s irregular sleep, in addition to doing the housework and so on. All these factors affect the mental and physical health of the mother, especially when she is still suffering from the fatigue effects of pregnancy and childbirth and needs rest to recover. 
Fatigue and fatigue
Apart from lack of sleep, the mother may find it difficult to find time to rest, relax and take care of herself; As a result of the burdens you face from taking care of the newborn, at home and possibly additional children; Therefore, it may be one of the causes of postpartum depression due to its psychological and physical consequences. 
Also read: What is the difference between postpartum depression and maternal depression?
lack of social support
Loneliness contributes to injury Postpartum depression in womenTherefore, providing support from friends and family, providing assistance and spending time with the mother helps reduce feelings of loneliness and depression. 
Difficulty in caring for the child
include Postpartum depression causes Also the challenges facing the new mother to breastfeed the child, as this requires adjusting to the child’s sleep schedule and organizing the times of breastfeeding or formula; Which may take the most time and effort. 
It is likely that some mothers will feel tired or guilt if the child has problems, such as: 
- Difficulty in regular feeding or sleeping.
- cries a lot
- Children’s health problems.
Also read: Simple steps to overcome depression in women
Risk factors for postpartum depression
In addition to the causes of postpartum depression There are several factors that increase the likelihood of developing depression, including: 
- History of postpartum depression or other mental illness.
- Family history of depression or postpartum depression.
- Pregnancy depression or Prenatal depression.
- go through life pressures or relationship problems.
- Lack of support from family and friends.
- suffering from pregnancy complications.
- Birth of a sick or special needs child.
- Birth of twins or more.
- Breastfeeding problems.
- Caring for children stress upon returning to work.
Tips and advice for pregnant women
Important steps you must take before pregnancy When you start thinking about pregnancy, you must be mentally and physically ready for surgery … read more
Causes of postpartum depression in men
include The causes of postpartum depression in men include: 
- increasing the economic burden.
- Insomnia due to child disturbance.
- marriage problems
- Unwanted download.
- Hormonal changes affect the relationship with the baby.
- history of depression;
Also read: Postpartum depression for men: symptoms and treatment methods