Causes of depression in women at different stages of life
Women are more likely to suffer from depression than men, and yes causes depression in women Dealing with the daily burdens between work, child care, relationship problems, social pressures, in addition to hormonal changes, the different response of the woman’s body to stress as well as genetic factors.
This article is about Causes of psychological depression in women and risk factors for its development, as well as causes of depression before menstruation, during pregnancy and childbirth, and then in the period before menopause.
causes depression in women
include reasons depression at the woman’sthe following:
The hormonal fluctuations that occur in women of different ages between pregnancy, childbirth and menopause affect mood and may increase the risk of depression. 
Maybe you’ll come back The causes of depression in women are genetic, since the presence of a family history of depression increases the likelihood of the disease. 
Stress and stress response
Stress and tension are one of the causes of depression in women, as their bodies react to it differently pressureAs the secretion of stress hormones increases, in addition, the hormone progesterone inhibits the elimination of stress hormones and their return to stability, making them more susceptible to stress-induced depression. 
include causes depression in women also The tendency to think emotionally and reflect on negative and disturbing events, and may bring them up again and talk about them, and this may worsen episodes of depression in the victims. 
Maybe you’ll come back causes depression in women for the changes that occur during puberty and the negative impression of the body shape, as well as for the physical changes that occur after childbirth or in the early stages of pregnancy menopause.  
Exposing women to social pressures in different cultures is one of the causes of depression in women. Examples of these pressures include: 
- Raise girls not to show anger or insistence.
- Blaming women when they share their opinions or express their feelings caused by hormonal fluctuations or emotions.
- Social separation between women and men in the work environment.
- Women are treated as less than men.
- Does not receive help with child care or housework.
Also read: Physical symptoms of depression
Risk factors for depression in women
The causes of depression in women and risk factors include:  
- History of mood disorders.
- Relationship problems and divorce.
- Balancing work and childcare.
- Financial problems and job loss.
- Traumatic life events, such as the loss of a family member, are among the causes of sudden depression in women.
- Exposure to physical or sexual abuse.
- strict diet.
- Health problems, such as thyroid disorders, chronic diseases or disabilities.
- fertility problems and infertility.
- Side effects of certain medications, such as birth control and hormone replacement therapy.
- Addiction to alcohol or drugs.
Also read: Simple steps to overcome depression in women
causes premenstrual depression
Hormonal fluctuations that occur before menstruation can cause:  
- premenstrual syndrome: This syndrome appears in some women about a week before menstruation, and is a group of physical and psychological symptoms, including depression.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder: This disorder is similar to premenstrual syndrome Causes of depression in women, in which a woman feels severe depression before menstruation and may even think about suicide, it usually starts about 10 to 14 days before menstruation and improves within a few days of its onset.
It is worth noting that women who are already depressed may have symptoms that worsen before the period.
Causes of depression during pregnancy and before birth
Maybe you’ll come back causes depression in pregnant women For hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy, or problems with miscarriage, or an unwanted pregnancy, a woman can also become depressed when the due date approaches. 
including reasons Depression in women before childbirth the following: 
- Feeling anxious about an upcoming responsibility.
- Coping with the pressures of life.
- lack of social support.
- There are marital problems.
- suffering from pregnancy complications.
- Unwanted pregnancy.
Smoking adversely affects the psychological state
Smoking is a process of burning certain substances, the most famous of which is tobacco, and inhaling the resulting smoke and putting it in the mouth to reach the lungs… Read more
Postpartum depression causes
Many women may develop postpartum depression, which is a normal reaction of the body and usually the mother returns to normal within days, while some mothers may experience Postpartum depression. Even though Causes severe depression in postpartum women It’s not known exactly, but there are several factors that play a role in this, including:  
- Hormonal fluctuations.
- Physical and emotional stress during childbirth or exposure to birth complications.
- The burden of caring for a newborn.
- Difficulty breastfeeding.
- Lack of sleep
- Bring a child with special needs.
- Lack of support from family and friends.
Causes of premenopausal depression
Premenopausal women go through psychological and physical changes that can cause depression. Causes of depression in menopausal women include: 
- Hormonal fluctuations A high level of estrogen and a decrease in progesterone affect the function of neurotransmitters in the brain responsible for mood, such as serotonin and norepinephrine.
- Severity of menopause symptoms.
- Feeling disappointed that I couldn’t have more children.
- Frustration and negative feelings about aging and menopause.
- Social isolation and a sedentary lifestyle.
- Family history of depression.
Also read: What are the types of depression?