Cleaning the vagina during menstruation
The menstrual cycle is a continuous event that accompanies women for many years, from puberty to menopause, so women always try to know all the information related to menstruation. Vaginal hygiene during menstruationAnd how to handle it.
In this article we will explain the importance of cleaning the vagina during menstruation, Without disturbing the balance of the bacteria in it and the pH, and we know it’s possible shower during the period?
The content of the article
Some women feel a sense of impurity and dirt during menstruationHowever, it is important to be aware that menstrual blood may cause distress, discomfort and blood stains, but it is a necessary part of the menstrual cycle, and is evidence of the health of the reproductive system and the continuity of fertility.
Blood is coming The menstrual cycle The lining of the uterus that is ready to nourish and protect the potential fetus, and in the event that pregnancy does not occur, this lining is detached and descends from the uterus through the vagina to the outside, there is nothing to feel impure. By doing so, since the direct cause of menstruation is the absence of pregnancy. (1)
for more: What are the causes of vaginal itching?
Tips for vaginal hygiene during menstruation
It is important to make sure to constantly wash the vagina and the area around it with clean water throughout the menstrual period, in addition to several tips that guarantee Vaginal hygiene during menstruation, including the following:
- Do not use tissues to receive blood instead of hygienic resuscitations intended for this purpose.
- Stay away from tampons and pads that are scented, or contain products like aloe vera, as they can cause skin inflammation, which is one of the rules Vaginal hygiene during menstruation.
- Avoid vigorous washing of the vagina or douching, to avoid changes in the vagina pH in the vagina, which may increase the chances of bacterial infection.
- Just enough water To clean the inside of the vagina, You can wash your feet with unscented soap and water, which is one of the most important Tips for vaginal hygiene.
- Change tampons or pads every 3 or 4 hours, and avoid super absorbent tampons that can be left in for 8 hours, as this can cause infection toxic shock syndromeIt is a rare and fatal infection that spreads through the bloodstream.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water during menstruation keeps the vagina moist and reduces puffiness and swelling, and helps Clean the vagina of secretions.
- Not washing and reusing sanitary napkins, it spreads bacteria and collects infectionIt should be used once and then thrown away.
- Prevention of rashes: constant wetness can cause a rash in the vagina, women protect themselves from rashes by applying cream to treat rashes after bathing and before going to bed, in addition to changing sanitary pads often. (2)(4)(5)
for more: Treatment of vaginal infections
When Kudhav enters a woman’s back, what happens to her pregnancy, what are the symptoms that lie?
Bathing during menstruation
Many myths about Bathing during menstruationSome of them claim that bathing causes poor blood flow, or an increase in blood flow if the water is hot, and some completely warn against bathing during menstruation, all these ideas are considered myths and have no scientific basis.
Bathing helps Vaginal hygiene during menstruationIt reduces the chances of skin inflammations and irritations, in addition to giving women a feeling of freshness.
Warranty for the shower Cleaning the vagina from the bad smell During menstruation, it helps women relax, reduces muscle spasms and cramping, reduces back pain, headaches and aids sleep.
Hot bath water also helps stimulate circulation, which reduces blood and fluid retention and relieves pressure on the nerves. Period pains Annoying hot water also relieves gas and menstrual-related constipation. (3)
Also read: Swimming during menstruation – between myths and reality!
Cycle between permitted and prohibited
Puberty for girls is a critical phase for them, as many of them suffer from severe pain during menstruation, and they are directly helped by medication… Read more