Cough treatment with honey, and its best drinks
Cough is one of the bothersome symptoms that affect many people as a result of a respiratory infection or other health problems, and many may prefer to use natural methods to get rid of the cough, which is considered Cough treatment with honey One of the best, safest and most effective natural methods.
This article is about The benefits of treating a cough with honeyHow to use it in treatment, and some honey drinks are effective in relieving cough.
The benefits of honey for cough
Cough treatment with honey for both children and adults is an effective treatment because honey has many therapeutic properties that help relieve cough cough up and relaxation, and these features include: 
- anti inflammatory.
- rich with antioxidants.
- Contributes to strengthening immunity.
- It does not cause side effects.
Cough treatment with honey also contributes to covering the inflamed throat; It reduces coughing and prevents irritation of the respiratory tract Cough treatment with honey for children It is useful in calming coughs during the night and reducing the frequency of coughing fits that increase at night. 
It should be noted that honey is a safe alternative to anti-cough medicine in children from 1 to 6 years of age, as it is recommended not to give anti-cough or cold medicine to children under 6 years of age; Since its effectiveness has not been proven for this age group, it may also cause side effects. 
Scientific studies on the treatment of cough with honey
There are many studies that indicate the effectiveness of honey In the treatment of cough, the most prominent of which are:    
- First study: A study published in the JAMA Children’s Journal in 2007 conducted approx The benefits of treating a cough with honey compared to drugs containing Dextromethorphan (in English: Dextromethorphan) It is a cough suppressant, and the results showed that honey is more effective in relieving cough than dextromethorphan, especially in reducing cough symptoms in children at bedtime.
- The second study: Another study published in the Journal of Pediatrics in 2012 which was conducted on the benefits of Cough treatment with honey in children Those with a respiratory infection, eating two teaspoons half an hour before bed of eucalyptus honey, citrus honey or oral honey resulted in a decrease in the rate and intensity of coughing during the night and improved sleep quality.
- The third study: A comprehensive American review was conducted in 2020 that included 14 studies on the benefits of honey in the treatment of respiratory infections in children and adults, and the results showed that honey contributed to the reduction and relief of coughing attacks in people who took honey compared to those who took a cough. Medicines, cold and allergy medicines and pain relievers.
Also read: Dry cough treatment before bed for children and adults
A dose of honey for cough
The appropriate dose of honey for cough treatment for each age group includes:  
- Children from 1 to 5 years old: Half a teaspoon twice a day.
- Children from 6 to 11 years old: One teaspoon twice a day.
- Children aged 12 and older: Two teaspoons a day.
Also read: Home remedies for cough for children and babies
Ways to take honey to treat cough
A cough can be treated with honey by taking one or two tablespoons of honey, spreading honey on a piece of toast or adding it to a glass of warm water. 
You can also make a number of drinks with honey to treat coughs, including:
Honey and lemon drink
including Cough treatment with honey and lemon With many benefits, lemon works to treat congestion, in addition to the benefits of honey in soothing itching. 
Make a honey and lemon drink by adding the juice of half a lemon to a glass of warm water, then adding a tablespoon of honey and mixing the mixture well. 
Honey and ginger drink
benefit Cough treatment with honey and ginger In alleviating the symptoms of colds, andsore throatIn addition to coughs, ginger and honey tea can be made by adding slices of ginger to hot water and then adding a tablespoon of honey. 
Home recipes for health with honey
There are many natural recipes that can be prepared from medicinal herbs and food products for use in the treatment of many common diseases … read more
Honey and turmeric drink
Some may turn to cough treatment with turmeric and honey because of its properties turmeric It also has properties that help reduce coughing, and make turmeric tea, then add honey and a little black pepper to it, as black pepper contributes to increasing the effectiveness of turmeric. 
Apple cider vinegar and honey drink
can also Cough treatment with honey and apple cider vinegarApple cider vinegar has a soothing effect on coughs. Therefore, honey and apple cider vinegar are effective drinks in treating cough, and it can be prepared by adding two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of raw honey in a large glass of water. 
Also read: Treatment of severe cough and phlegm with the help of natural herbs
Precautions for treating cough with honey
Honey is a safe and effective cough remedy, but it is recommended not to use it in children under 12 months of age, as they are at risk of developing rare food poisoning due to Clostridium difficile contamination that may be found in honey. This is because the digestive system of children is not mature enough to allow bacteria to grow in the intestines, while the body of adults can fight these bacteria. 
How long does it take to treat vitamin B12 deficiency using Deltavit 1000 mcg pills.