Different ways to treat cuts and scratches on the face
Injuries galore Cuts and scratches on the face Often among children, but it also happens to adults, but at lower rates. This is because children fall and crash frequently during play and daily activities.
These wounds are often superficial and can be treated at home without going to the hospital, we explain in this article How to treat cuts and scratches on the face In detail, what to do in cases Deep wounds in the face?
First aid for cuts and scratches on the face
As we mentioned, it is characterized by wounds and scratches inside In most cases, it is superficial, affecting only the outer layer of the skin, and does not cause much bleeding. First aid for facial wounds in children To reduce the formation of scars, which are as follows:
- Calm and reassure the victim, especially if he is a child, and let him know that the wound can be healed.
- wash hands well.
- Apply pressure with a clean cloth to the wound for several minutes to stop the bleeding.
- Protect the casualty’s eyes well from contact with any disinfectants in case the injury is close to the eyes.
- Remove any dirt, particles or debris that adheres to the wound by washing thoroughly with soap and water gently without scratching.
- Leave the tap water running on the wound for several minutes.
- Apply firm pressure for 5 to 10 minutes if the wound is bleeding continuously.
- After washing the wound, an antiseptic cream or solution is applied to the wound.
- Cover the wound with an adhesive bandage or gauze pad.
- Change the dressing daily, monitor the wound and keep it clean and dry.
Ice packs can be used with a bag of ice pieces placed on the swollen areas around the wounds for 5 minutes, and repeated every 2 hours, do not place ice directly on the skin.
It is advisable to apply cream Sunscreen With an SPF of at least 15 on healed wounds, it prevents scarring, and this step is the end of the steps Treatment of facial wounds in children and adults too. (1) (3)
for more: 10 steps to treat open wounds
Signs of wound infection
There are danger signs that indicate this cut or scratch inside It may contaminate or get an infection, and at that time, you should contact the doctor or the hospital, which are the following: (2)
- Redness of the wound and the surrounding area.
- The appearance of a red streak spreading from the wound site.
- Increased swelling and pain around the wound.
- Yellow, white or green fluid oozes from the wound.
- Overheating and entering the heat.
- The doctor prescribes antibiotics to fight the infection the wound Depends on the age and health of the patient.
Also read: What are the uses of wound dressings?
Hello, I have calcifications in my left breast and pain and it could be benign and blisters in the thyroid gland, are they possible signs of breast cancer thanks
Treatment of cuts and scratches on the face
There are important parts of the face that are often injured, and should be handled wisely when an injury occurs, and they are as follows:
Mouth and lip sores
The gums, tongue and lips have a strong supply of blood, so when they are injured, they bleed a lot Mouth and lip sores as follows:
- Putting an ice pack inside the mouth to help reduce swelling.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with cold water and remove any dirt or debris.
- Rush to the hospital if the wound is deep and needs stitches.
- Even with small cuts, the lips and tongue are slightly swollen, so the swelling should not be a cause for concern.
external ear sores
Wounds should not be underestimated the outer earWhen it requires strong direct blows to the ear, or large bruises, and bruises, which are considered deep wounds inside, Accurate diagnosis from the doctor to determine the required treatment.
Do not need Superficial wound or laceration In the skin of the ear only for normal hygiene and disinfecting wounds.
Sores in the nose
need Itchy nose From the outside into the surface skin layer to clean and disinfect like the rest woundsHowever, the formation of a hematoma, a bruise or a deep wound in the nose requires a quick visit to the doctor, as it is considered one Deep wounds inside that need medical intervention.
for more: When does an open wound heal?
Prevention of cuts and scratches on the face
Here are some tips that can limit the rate Occurs Facial cuts and scratches in children Private: (4)
- Accustom the child not to put objects in the ears or nose, as in the case of pens, and not to cut small toys.
- Do not run, walk or jump while placing or holding anything in the mouth.
- Avoid chewing or sucking hard, sharp or pointed objects.
- Wearing a protective shield for the eyes, ears and even when engaging in sports or physical activity of any kind.
Also read: Ointment for diabetic foot wounds
What happens during surgery?
nbsp The surgeries are now safer and less painful thanks to technological advances, and the recovery from the surgery is also faster… read more