The best types of fish and their nutritional value
It is considered Fish One of the finest types of meat, and it is one of the main foods that provide the human body and soul with the essential nutrients it needs. This article answers many questions on the subject The best types of fish, the nutritional value of fish and how dangerous eating fish is.
The content of the article
The best types of fish
ready Fish An excellent alternative to eating red meat, and below The best types of fish Has amazing nutritional properties:
- Salmon SalmonSalmon is a great option to include in your diet, as it contains omega 3 in large amounts.
- sardine: which is from oily fish Rich in vitamins, which can be eaten whole, including the bones and skin, which makes it very beneficial for the body.
- codCod is a rich source of protein, phosphorus, niacin and vitamin B12.
- Rainbow trout: One counts The best types of fish What can be eaten is delicious and lives in uncontaminated areas.
- Arctic coalIt is from the salmon family, and has a high percentage of Fats.
- Mahi Mahi or Lombuka fishIt is a tropical fish, it is also called the dolphin fish, and it is one of the fish that does not contain fat, as it is low in calories.
- Musa fishMusa fish spreads in marine and brackish waters, and is more common in Italy, characterized by containing a small amount of fat, and a high amount of Omega 3.
- salty fish: Herring is one of the oily fish which is similar to sardines, and is one of the fish rich in sodium, so it should be eaten in moderation.
- mackerel or mackerel: prepare mackerel oily fish Rich in fats, it is rich in mercury.
- perchIt is a medium-sized white fish that lives in the ocean or freshwater.
- striped bassSea bass contains a large number of antioxidants.
- Tuna fishMany people prefer to eat tuna, whether it is fresh or canned, but it is recommended to limit its consumption in large quantities due to its high mercury content.
- Fish blogThis fish is found in Alaska, in the North Pacific Ocean, it has a delicate taste and a light texture. 
Nutritional value of fish
Fish is characterized by its high nutritional value, as it contains significant percentages of several important nutrients for the health of the human body, is a natural source of protein, and is rich in many different vitamins and minerals, not to mention Omega 3 which is concentrated in high amounts in fish. [2،3]
Fish contain the following main nutrients, the proportion of which can vary accordingly type of fish: [3،4]
- Healthy fats, such as monounsaturated fatty acids or polyunsaturated fatty acids, the most important of which are omega-3.
- Carbohydrates, including sugars and fiber, But in very small amounts. [3،4]
It is the minerals and vitamins found in Fish:
- Vitamin D.
- Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B3. [1،3،5]
but about How many calories are in fish?varies accordingly type of fish And its origin, some of it Types of fatty fish It provides the body with large amounts of fat, so it is rich in calories. On the other hand, lean fish Provides the body with fewer calories. [3،4]
For example, one serving of herring (about 3 ounces) provides the body with 134 calories and 8 grams of fat. 3 ounces of cod the black It provides the body with 70 calories and 1 gram of fat. 
Also, for the same type of Fishwill be different The benefits of marine or wild fish about The benefits of river fish A little, due to the different nutritional value per serving for each type of it Fish who live in different environments. [3،4]
The benefits of eating fish
It is known that Eating fish regularly It will bring many advantages and benefits to the body, including:
- maintain brain health and prevent Alzheimer’sand depression and depression.
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reducing the risk of stroke.
- Reducing the risk of autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis.
- maintain vision.
- improving the quality of sleep. [2،5]
Also read: 10 of the benefits of fish you get when you eat it regularly
Recommended daily portion of fish
It is usually recommended to take Fish Twice a week or even small portions a day, to get the full needs of Omega 3 fatty acids. Eating is not limited to Fish Only fresh, canned or frozen can do. 
The dangers of eating too much fish
Eating excessive fish can cause damage to the body, due to exposing the body to large amounts of pollutants and heavy metals, like mercurywhich can be found in the body of fish, especially large fish. [1،6]
Whereas these pollutants and heavy metals can cause damage to many body systems and functions, especially the brain. 
and can increase Fish is dangerous when eaten a lot Mercury poisoning and other types of heavy metals in pregnant women, nursing mothers and small children. 
Food is culture and science, not stomach filling
nbsp The degree of progress of nations is no longer measured only by their scientific and literary culture, the culture of computers, the Internet and the culture of mobile phones and SMS, but there are also … Read more
Tips for choosing fish
The following are taken into account when Selection of fish:
- prefer to buy fresh fish Which has not been caught for more than 5 days.
- Should be Fresh fish smell like sea water
- When buying chips FishIt is recommended to look for transparencies with a wet texture Fish Full, it is recommended to be firm and have clear eyes.
- It is recommended to buy Fish containing low levels of mercury. 
|BMI lower than 18.5||under normal weight|
|BMI greater than or equal to 18.5 and less than 25||within normal weight|
|BMI greater than or equal to 25 and less than 30||higher than normal weight|
|BMI greater than or equal to 30 and less than 35||first degree obesity (moderate)|
|BMI greater than or equal to 35 and less than 40||Second degree obesity (moderate)|
|BMI greater than or equal to 40||Third degree obesity (excessive)|
diverse types of fish, Which can be different between them in terms of the nutritional value and the amount of calories they provide to the body. Eat fish regularly It can bring many benefits to the body, but you should be careful about eating large amounts of Fish, This can increase the risk of mercury and other heavy metal poisoning.
Also read: Learn about the benefits of salmon for skin and hair