The cause of skin irritation after laser, and the ways to treat it
Laser technology has become one of the techniques used in many medical procedures, mainly cosmetic, we find it used in the treatment of spots, burns, facial peeling and body hair removal.
The laser technology has many advantages such as the speed and stability of the results over time, but it also has some side effects such as skin irritation after laser, or appearance of skin pigmentation.
In this article we will discuss how to do this Treatment of skin irritation after laser, What is The best ointment after laser Can it be used to reduce skin irritation and redness?
Laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is the most common technique Cosmetic laser Especially popular among women, it is a non-surgical procedure that uses a strong and focused beam, with the aim of removing hair from unwanted places where hair grows, such as the armpits, face, chest, hands, legs and more.
The laser beam destroys hair follicles in the skin, prevents and stops hair growth. (1)
Skin irritation after laser
Laser hair removal is considered a safe procedure for the vast majority, but some side effects such as pain and skin irritation may appear. and rednessthat doesn’t go away after a few days, and you may need some steps to control and reduce it.
The person may also feel tingling, some pain, and the skin may swell or swell like a pictureNo skin irritation after laserThe appearance of the skin after laser hair removal is no different from its appearance after hair removal by any other method such as waxing.
Doctors sometimes use a local anesthetic on the skin to slow down the skin’s reaction rate and reduce the appearance of Symptoms of skin irritation after a laser session. (2) (3)
for more: Laser hair removal (laser hair), comfort and continuity
Causes skin irritation after laser
As we mentioned, the laser rays used for hair removal damage the hair follicles responsible for its growth, the body reacts to this procedure and causes redness and skin irritation in the areas subject to laser hair removal. The previous mechanism is The cause of skin irritation after laser.
Happens Skin irritation after laser Also with some people who are not suitable for laser hair removal technology, such as those with very dark skin, or who broke the rules before the laser session, which are as follows:
- Hair removal by non-shaving methods at least one month before the laser procedure (such as waxing and plucking), these methods may lead to disruption of the hair follicles.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun without sunscreen.
- Do not apply tanning creams.
- Avoid using blood thinners such as aspirin. (2) (3)
Also read: How to treat skin with a laser
I had a red spot on the back of my head for a long time, I thought it was a fever, but I was surprised that many red dots appeared under it and I am very worried about the skin cancer and hope for an answer as soon as possible (there is a slight swelling of the lymph nodes in the neck 6 months ago and I did all the necessary tests, God willing there’s nothing.
Treatment of skin irritation after laser
Less redness andSkin irritation after laser Within a few hours for most people, the doctor advises the applicant on some steps and arrangements to make for the treatment of dermatitis after laserand promoting cell healing, which are as follows: (4)
- Cold compresses: the patient places a soft towel wet with cold water or a paper bag with pieces of ice on the areas that underwent the laser operation for several minutes. Cold compresses relieve pain and swelling, and treatment of body irritation after laser.
- Ointment after laser: The doctor prescribes some ointments and creams to reduce swelling and inflammation of the skin, such as a steroid ointment, which is The best ointment after laser, or creams that relieve pain and anti-inflammatories, as well as moisturizing creams that maintain water reserves within the skin.
- SunscreenFor those who have undergone the laser session, it is recommended to avoid direct exposure to the sun for a month, and when going out for necessity, use plenty of sun protection creams, as sunscreens limit the Dermatitis after laser.
Also read: Learn about the best post-laser creams
Dermatitis after laser and see a doctor
It is recommended to contact a doctor quickly if any of the following symptoms are observed after the laser session: (5)
- The swelling is increasing day by day.
- The appearance of burns on the skin or blisters, which is evidence of the occurrence of Dermatitis after laser.
- pigmentation in the skin or scars.
- Symptoms that indicate infection, such as red streaks, skin discoloration, or pus.
- cold sores;
for more: Tips for skin care after laser
Laser for skin diseases
Laser devices have become widely used to treat skin diseases in dermatology and plastic surgery units in hospitals, clinics and salons… Read more