Umbilical hernia belt for babies: the most important facts
Umbilical hernias are one of the common health conditions among infants, and it is a soft lump that appears in the abdominal area near the navel, as it worries many parents when it appears, so they will often wonder about the effective treatment methods in such cases. the situation,
So is the umbilical hernia belt for babies safe and effective?
What is an umbilical hernia belt for babies?
Belt umbilical hernia This is a supportive undergarment designed to keep the protruding tissue in place, as well as reduce the discomfort and pain associated with this hernia.
Therefore, many doctors and health care providers may recommend the use of an umbilical hernia belt for babies, as a hernia stent may make babies feel comfortable for a long time, but does not cure it.,
Where its effectiveness lies in its quality and quality, as it should be high-quality, light, soft to the touch and cotton so that it does not scratch the baby’s skin or expose it to irritation, and may be available in a variety of sizes, there are types that may be suitable for newborns up to 12 months of age.
Instructions for use of the umbilical hernia belt for babies
After we talked about the importance of use hernia belt The umbilical cord is intended for babies, it should be clarified that there are some instructions that must be paid attention to in the case of using it, and the most prominent of these instructions and advice that must be followed are:,
- Be sure to keep the belt in place even if the child cries or coughs.
- Make sure the belt is comfortable and easy to use correctly.
- Make sure the belt is healthy and does not expose the child baby per stimulus.
- Make sure you buy the right size for your baby’s size and age.
When should you see a doctor?
As we mentioned earlier, the umbilical hernia belt for babies cannot treat the hernia they are suffering from, it only helps relieve the pain, since most cases of hernia can close by themselves even without the need for any surgical intervention.
However, there are cases, if they arise, parents should contact a specialist doctor, and the most important of these cases or signs are the following:,
- The hernia is enlarged and appears prominent.
- The hernia protrudes when the child is asleep, quiet or lying down and cannot be pushed back.
- The boy looks a bit strange, meaning he is in severe pain.
- The child feels pain if the hernia area is touched.
- The skin over the hernia looks like red And darker than usual.