Vitamin D dose 10,000: the most important facts
Vitamin D is one of the most important vitamins and nutrients for the health of the body, as it helps in the absorption of calcium to maintain bone health.
In addition to its role in regulating many cellular functions in the body, it is used in different doses.,
So what is the dose of vitamin D 10000?
Vitamin D dose 10000
It is worth noting that recently the maximum dose for the use of vitamin D was determined, which is the dose that does not exceed 4000 international units, and the degree of safety and effectiveness of its use in many health conditions was confirmed.
just a few Studies It showed the possibility of taking up to 10,000 international units of vitamin D, which is about 250 micrograms, on a daily basis, without its use causing harm or side effects.
But an important point should be noted that many cases that used a dose of vitamin D 10000 did not provide them with this additional dose any additional benefits compared to other doses that did not exceed 4000 IU.
This may also explain that this dose could be the maximum for vitamin D, given that direct sunlight can produce 10,000 IU of vitamin D in the human body, which is considered the physiological maximum of vitamin D.,
How to use 10000 dose of vitamin D
You can use or take vitamin D in a dose of 10,000 IU by the following actions:,
- The dose must be measured using a special device, i.e. a special measuring spoon, when using the liquid form of this vitamin.
- Chew the medicine well before swallowing if you are taking the chewable tablets or slices of this medicine or supplement.
- Dry hands before using this dose if taking the fast-dissolving tablets.
- Put each dose on the tongue and swallow it and let it dissolve completely, then swallow it with saliva or even water.
- Avoid using vitamin D 10000 with some other medicines as they can reduce the body’s absorption of vitamin D, for example; Cholestyramine or Orlistat.
- Take vitamin D before bed if you are using any of the medications mentioned earlier.
- Ask your doctor how to arrange the doses in the most suitable way for you.
- regularly and continue to use this food supplement in order to derive the maximum benefit from it.
- Follow certain diets at the same time as using this medicine, if the specialist doctor recommends it.
- Avoid using other vitamins or supplements unless your doctor tells you to.
- Cases who may suspect that they suffer from a serious medical problem as a result of using this drug should immediately contact a specialist doctor.
Side effects of vitamin D
Using vitamin D in high doses, such as vitamin D 10,000, may have side effects and harm, often including:,
- Too much calcium accumulates in the body, causing hypercalcemia, which in turn causes weak bones and kidney and heart damage.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Poor appetite and weight loss.
- general weakness.