What are the causes of back pain after childbirth and treatment?
ready Back pain after childbirth One of the common pains that a woman can suffer at this stage is among a group of other symptoms accompanying this stage, and we will get to know causes back pain after childbirthand how to treat it.
The content of the article
Physical changes in a woman’s body can lead to spine and bone problems, for the following reasons:
- The expansion of the uterus during pregnancy: during pregnancy the uterus grows, the abdominal muscles weaken and their position changes, which puts pressure on the back and increases the chances Back pain after childbirth.
- Women’s weight gain during pregnancy: Women’s weight usually increases during pregnancy, and the increase may continue even after childbirth, which causes pressure on the joints, and leads to back pain.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy loosen the joints and ligaments that connect the pelvis to the spine, and so may continue Back pain after childbirth.
- Cesarean section: a woman can suffer Back pain after cesarean birth Because she had abdominal surgery that affects different parts of the body, including the back, especially when the woman bends forward while walking during the post-surgery pain period.
- Miscarriage: May occur Back pain after abortion As a normal symptom some birth occurs, but the pain can be severe in the case of a late miscarriage.
In the previous cases it fades Back pain after childbirth Gradually the pressure on the spine decreases, the woman’s weight decreases and the hormones return to normal. (1) (2) (3) (5)
Caring for a newborn baby can lead to Back pain after childbirth For the following reasons:
- Carrying the baby for long periods: the baby needs a lot of attention and special care after birth, so the mother carries him many times, and this may last more than a year, and as the child’s size increases, the woman. can tolerate Back pain after childbirth.
- Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding requires sitting in a stable position for a long time, and the position may be wrong in order to facilitate breastfeeding for the child, and often bending forward, causing muscle strain and back pain in women.
- General fatigue: General exhaustion and stress of 24/7 care of a newborn can lead to persistent Back pain after childbirth. (One. Two. Three)
More: lower back pain in women
Back pain after childbirth
usually gets better Back pain after childbirth Within a few months, but for some women it may take longer, depending on the following items:
- The effort made with the child: some children suffer from stomach pains and health problems that cause constant crying, which forces the mother to carry him for long periods.
- Women’s weight: the chances of survival increase Lower back pain after childbirth In women who are overweight because it puts a strain on the spine. (1)
Postpartum back pain treatment
If there was Back pain after childbirth Simple and gradually fading, it may not need treatment, but in case of persistence Back pain after childbirth For long periods, you should consult a doctor to find out causes chronic back pain And how to handle it.
In general, a woman can take several procedures that help relieve back pain after childbirth, including:
- Physical activity is appropriate for the postpartum period: such as walking, since the body needs movement to get rid of pain, and walking after a caesarean section contributes to significant pain relief.
- Getting rid of excess weight: A woman should follow a proper diet pattern for her after giving birth to help get rid of the extra weight that leads to back pain.
- Helping the child sleep in bed: If the child gets used to sleeping while the mother is gone, it will be difficult to get rid of this habit, and with the child’s weight gain over time it will burden the mother, and lead to back pain, so it is recommended to help the child sleep in bed as much as possible.
- Buying a nursing pillow: A nursing pillow is one of the ways to help prevent Back pain after childbirthThis reduces the chance of bending forward while feeding the baby.
- Hot and cold compresses on the back: Hot and cold compresses may help relieve back pain after childbirth, It is also recommended to take a hot bath or sit in a bath with warm water whenever you have the opportunity.
- Back massage: massaging the muscles and lower back may reduce relief Back pain after childbirth. (1) (2) (3) (4)
More: 5 effective ways to treat back pain
The consequences of pregnancy on the skin of the face
Some ask if it is possible to distinguish the signs of pregnancy from the face, the answer is yes, since pregnancy is accompanied by disorders that lead to the appearance of consequences … Read more