What are the causes of heart pain for pregnant women? And its consequences?
Heart disease is a rare health condition during pregnancy, but it can occur in women, especially if she had a previous history of heart problems before pregnancy, and in this article we will learn about Causes heartache in pregnant womenand how to deal with it.
The content of the article
Heart changes during pregnancy
Changes in the heart are one of the most prominent Causes heart and chest pain during pregnancyAt this stage, the body is exposed to many changes that cause additional stress on the body and force the heart to work harder, including:
- Increased blood volume: Blood volume increases during the first weeks of pregnancy and continues to increase during the rest of the pregnancy.
- Increased heart rate: It is normal for your heart rate to increase by 10 to 20 beats per minute during pregnancy, and this increase is gradual, and increases in the third trimester of pregnancy, which is one of the causes of heart pain and shortness of breath in pregnant women.
- Increase in cardiac output: Cardiac output is the amount of blood the heart pumps each minute, and at 28 to 34 weeks, cardiac output may increase by 30% to 50%, due to a higher blood volume and a faster heart rate, in which case. In a twin pregnancy, the yield may increase cardiovascular disease by up to 60%.
These changes may cause the following symptoms:
Although these symptoms are among the most prominent causes heart pain in pregnancyHowever, these symptoms may overlap with certain heart diseases, so you should consult your doctor if you feel any of the above symptoms. (1) (3)
More: What is the difference between normal and abnormal heartbeats?
Heart disease during pregnancy
In some cases, it can be heart disease M Causes heartache in pregnant womenIt can also lead to many other complications, either as a result of a previous history of heart disease, or an infection during pregnancy. Heart diseases that can affect a pregnant woman include:
- Congenital heart defects: these are heart diseases that the woman is born with, and they can cause arrhythmias, heart failure and increase the risk of premature birth, so you should consult a doctor in case of a congenital heart defect to prevent a serious heart condition. Complications during pregnancy.
- Cardiomyopathy: Considered Myocardial failure of accents Causes heartache in pregnant womenAnd it can cause serious complications.
- Heart valve disease: There are many forms of heart valve disease that can affect a woman, some do not affect pregnancy, and others can Causes constant heartache during pregnancyAnd he needs regular follow-up with the doctor.
- Mitral valve stenosis: Mitral valve stenosis is one of the most common complications associated with heart disease, and increases the risk of blood clots, so pregnant women need special care in case of infection.
- Heart attack during pregnancy: during pregnancy, the volume of blood in the body increases to accommodate the growth of the fetus, and to efficiently pump excess blood, which causes an increase in the heart rate, and this additional pressure increases the risk of a heart attack, which is the most prominent Causes heartache and shortness of breath in pregnancy.
- Perinatal cardiomyopathy: This is a heart condition in which the heart muscle weakens. Although rare, it may be one Causes heart and chest pain during pregnancyEspecially one month before birth, or during the five months after birth, and are accompanied by symptoms such as chest discomfort, palpitations, weakness and fatigue.
- Aortic dissection: This is a tear in the wall of the aorta, as a result of an accumulation of blood between the layers of this artery, leading to a rupture of the aorta, which is accompanied by severe pain, and is therefore considered as such. of the causes of constant heart pain in the pregnant woman. (One. Two. Three)
Also read: Symptoms of a weak heart muscle
Risk factors for heart disease in pregnant women
In addition to causes heart pain in pregnancyCertain factors increase the risk of heart disease during pregnancy, including:
- Obesity: on the rise obesity The risk of developing various chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Smoking: Smoking affects blood flow in the body, which increases the risk of heart disease.
- If the woman had heart disease before pregnancy: If the woman had heart disease before pregnancy, it may be Causes constant heart pain during pregnancy. (One. Two. Three)
Symptoms of heart disease in pregnant women
The following symptoms can indicate heart disease:
- chest pain;
- increased heart rate;
- Severe pain when coughing.
- Severe breathing difficulties.
- extreme fatigue;
- blurred vision
A woman should immediately consult a doctor if she suffers from any of the above symptoms, to determine Causes heartache and treatment correctly. (One. Two. Three)
Dealing with heart disease during pregnancy
Some measures that can help in dealing with heart disease during pregnancy are:
- Talk to the doctor about the woman’s medical history before pregnancy, including illnesses she had and treatments she took.
- Periodic follow-up with the doctor: heart diseases of the pregnant woman require periodic follow-up with the doctor to avoid possible risks, and medical treatment should be sought immediately when unusual symptoms appear.
- Avoid things that increase the risk of heart disease: such as being overweight, smoking and eating unhealthy foods that contain fat.
- Physical activity according to the doctor’s instructions: Sports are important for the pregnant woman, but depending on her condition, so the doctor should be consulted about the exercises allowed for the pregnant woman.
- Taking regular medications: If the doctor prescribes medications for heart disease during pregnancy, it is necessary to take care to take these medications at the specified times and doses to avoid possible complications. (One. Two. Three)
More: pregnancy clots
The consequences of pregnancy on the skin of the face
Some ask if it is possible to distinguish the signs of pregnancy from the face, the answer is yes, since pregnancy is accompanied by disorders that lead to the appearance of consequences … Read more