What are the main causes of excessive sweating in children and the treatment methods?
Sweating is one of the things that indicate good health if it is moderate, but heavy sweating may be related to some health problems that you should pay attention to, and in this article we will learn about causes excessive sweating in children And how to deal with the problem.
causes excessive sweating in children
Many parents ask What is the cause of excessive sweating in children? Wearing more layers of clothes or heating the house a lot can be The cause of excessive sweating in childrenIt is temporary, but if excessive sweating persists in children, it may indicate the presence of a health problem, mainly:
- Infection: M causes excessive sweating in children It is an infection, especially a respiratory infection, which causes the child to develop a fever, and then the child sweats during the fever or after the fever passes.
- Hyperthyroidism: another reason for causes excessive sweating in childrenIt is hyperthyroidism, and it is possible sweaty This is the only symptom, or the child may have other symptoms such as weight loss, rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Diabetes: Diabetes can be from causes excessive sweating in childrenIn addition to other symptoms such as excessive thirst, frequent urination and weight loss.
- High blood pressure: Children taking certain high blood pressure medications may cause them to sweat more, as can some other medications for which sweating is a side effect.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes may be from Causes night sweats in childrenPuberty Puberty can start at a young age in girls at age 8 and boys at age 9, making them more prone to sweating, while noticing some other symptoms, such as the appearance of body hair and changes in the body. Characteristics.
- Excessive sweating: This is a condition that causes excessive sweating in the body, and has no clear cause, but usually causes an increase in the activity of the sweat glands, and it may be more pronounced in children.
- Cold sweat syndrome: m Causes excessive sweating in children in winterIn this case, the child sweats when he feels cold, because it is difficult for the body to regulate the temperature, and he usually has weak facial muscles, a flat nose bridge and some other health problems.
- Some other genetic disorders: such as Apert syndrome, which causes fusion of the fingers and toes, and abnormal development of the face and skull, and may lead to heart problems, and excessive sweating is one of its symptoms. (One. Two. Three)
For more information: What are the causes of effortless sweating?
Causes excessive sweating in babies
In addition to the above reasons, there are other things that may lead to excessive sweating in babies, the most important of which are:
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease can be from causes excessive sweating in babies, Then the child will feel tired during feeding, with rapid breathing, low weight, and may cough often.
- Arrhythmia.: Supraventricular tachycardia can be The cause of excessive sweating in babies and older children.
- Excessive crying of the child: frequent and prolonged crying of the child may lead to intense sweating, especially with the high temperatures where the child is, and in this case the sweating disappears after the child stops crying.
- Sleep apnea: Sleep apnea is one of them Causes excessive sweating in children during sleepIt is more common among premature babies. (1) (3)
Also read: Causes of excessive sweating in the face and its treatment
My daughter can’t focus
Excessive sweating in children
He approves Excessive sweating in children The cause of its occurrence, therefore, the child should be shown to the doctor to find out causes excessive sweating He has by knowing the symptoms, performing a set of tests, thus determining the appropriate treatment.
You can reduce the chance of excessive sweating in children by the following measures:
- Avoid wearing many layers of clothing if the weather does not require it.
- Keep the temperature of the house so that it is not hot in the summer or very hot in the winter.
- attention to causes excessive sweating in children And to avoid this, for example, it is recommended to avoid exposing the child to direct sunlight, or leaving him to cry for long periods of time.
- Bathe the child often, especially if the temperature is high, to moisten his body and rid him of excessive sweating.
- Avoid giving medicine to the child without first consulting the doctor, and follow the doses prescribed by the doctor for any medicine he takes to treat a health problem.
- Choose cotton clothes for the baby, which allow the skin to breathe, and avoid clothes made of synthetic fibers.
Make sure that the child takes water and fluids in large quantities throughout the day, especially if he suffers from excessive sweating, in order to prevent dehydration. (1) (2) (3) (4)
For more: treatment of sweating using drugs and herbs
The importance of mental and psychological health for children
Caring for children and their normal growth and physical health is a priority for parents, but this is not enough if the goal is to provide … read more