What are the main causes of middle back pain and how to treat them?
Lower back pain is one of the most common back pains, because it is the lower back area that is most under pressure, but you can sometimes suffer from middle back pain, which is caused by several health conditions, and in this article, we will learn about Causes and treatment of middle back pain.
causes middle back pain
Multiples causes middle back pain This can occur, mainly a strain of the muscles and ligaments that support the spine or an injury, and can also result from excessive pressure on the back, or back curvature while sitting. The most common causes of middle back pain include:
- pinched nerveA pinched or pinched nerve is caused by injury or damage to a nerve or group of nerves in the spine as a result of pressure on it.
- Herniated disc: When the area around the disc is damaged, cushioning material between the vertebrae rushes and can compress the spinal nerves, causing a herniated disc.
- Vertebral fractures: A bone fracture can occur in any of the vertebrae in the middle of the back as a result of a sports injury, a car accident or a fall.
- Osteoarthritis: The cartilage that protects the bones may wear away, leading to Middle back painBone spurs can put pressure on spinal nerves.
- Myofascial pain syndrome: This is a chronic disorder that usually occurs after contracting a muscle several times.
- Gallbladder problems: can be Gallstones She Causes pain in the middle of the back, especially between the shoulder blades or around the right shoulder. (One. Two. Three)
Middle back pain symptoms
Symptoms vary Middle back pain according to the reason for its occurrence, including Middle back pain symptoms The common ones are:
- muscle stiffness.
- Mild to severe pain.
- tingling sensation
- Feel tired
- difficulty in movement (2) (3)
More: shoulder pain
Risk factors for middle back pain
Certain factors can increase the risk of infection Middle back painWhich:
- Aging: usually increases back pain With age, due to a decrease in fluid between the joints of the spine, a decrease in muscle mass and osteoporosis.
- Weight gain: When the body carries extra weight, it creates a load on the back, which can cause middle back pain.
- Have some health problems: Some health problems can increase the chance of developing middle back pain, such as arthritis.
- Smoking: A smoker’s persistent cough can cause strain on the back, and smoking slows recovery from pain and inflammation, making middle back pain last longer.
- Tension in the back: tension in the back and increasing the load on it is one of the most prominent causes middle back painThis is as a result of carrying heavy weights incorrectly, or the type of positions that put pressure on the back, such as sleeping on the stomach. (One. Two. Three)
Also read: Causes and treatment of lower back pain
I have pain in my clavicle and a small lump appears that I can’t see in one eye but only when I touch it and the pain is like continuous needles that throb it lasts for more than 15 minutes every day 4 or 5 times and during sleep the pain increases what is the reason for this and I have trouble breathing when it Happens especially when imprisoned something sad
High back pain treatment at home
can help Home treatment for secondary back pain By performing the following procedures:
- Do stretching and stretching exercises.
- Alternate between hot and cold compresses.
- Use over-the-counter pain relievers, but do not overuse them.
- Massage your back in gentle circular motions.
They include medical treatments when suffering Middle back pain the following:
Take prescription medications, such as anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants, and prescription pain relievers, if needed.
Physiotherapy: some cases require Middle back pain Physiotherapy by a specialist.
And if the health problem causes Strong pains in the middle back And it is unlikely that the doctor may turn to one of the surgeries in the middle of the back, the most important of which are:
- Discectomy: People with a herniated disc may need a discectomy to remove the damaged part and prevent further damage.
- Combine two paragraphs and use the spacer to replace damaged discs.
- Laminectomy to reduce spinal cord compression.
- Removing part of the vertebral plate to treat nerve compression. (One. Two. Three)
More: 5 effective ways to treat back pain
Ways to prevent middle back pain
There are several methods that can help prevent Middle back painWhich:
- Get regular rest periods after sitting, for example, it is recommended to take a 10 minute rest after 50 minutes have passed.
- Exercise: Exercises may help strengthen the mid-back muscles to treat and prevent pain.
- Make sure the computer is placed at eye level, especially if it is used for long periods of time at work.
- Learn how to lift heavy objects carefully and correctly to prevent middle back pain, as well as upper back pain. (2) (3)
Also read: 10 causes of neck pain to avoid
Lower back pain and related delusions
More than 70% of the patients who visit the orthopedic clinics complain of lower back pain and many hallucinations that go around in their minds about… read more