What are the main disadvantages of eating whole milk?
Milk contains a wide variety of important nutrients for the body, so you should pay attention to eating milk every day, but eat full fat milk There are health damages when overeating, what are they? Disadvantages of eating whole milk? and how to reduce them.
Nutritional value of whole milk
Contains a cup full fat milk Contains the following nutrients:
- Calcium: 21% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Copper: 7% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Potassium: 7% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Magnesium: 6% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Phosphorus: 16% of the body’s daily need.
- Selenium: 16% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Zinc: 8% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Vitamin A: 12% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Vitamin B1: 12% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Vitamin B2: 32% of the RDI.
- Vitamin B5: 18% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Vitamin B6: 5% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Vitamin B12: 46% of the body’s daily requirement.
- Vitamin D: 16% of the body’s daily requirement.
also contains the milk full fat It contains small percentages of several other vitamins ranging from 1% to 4% of the body’s daily requirement, such as vitamin E and vitamin B9. (1)
The body needs full fat milk
The USDA recommends about three glasses of milk per day for adults and children ages 9 and older to help meet daily dietary needs for nutrients such as calcium and vitamin D.
But the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends choosing fat-free or low-fat milk instead of whole milk to avoid potential health risks from eating it. (1) (2) (3) (5)
More: The amazing health benefits of milk
Disadvantages of eating whole milk
include Side effects of full fat milk the following:
- Increased levels of body fat: Contains a cup full fat milk It contains 7.9 grams of fat, which exceeds the recommendations of the Food and Drug Administration for the amount of fat to be eaten per day, which represents about 20 grams or less. The American Heart Association also recommends eating no more than 13 grams of saturated fat per day, which is available in:
- Fatty beef.
- Poultry skin.
- Increase in blood cholesterol levels: One of the disadvantages of eating whole milk in large quantities is raising levels of Cholesterol in the blood, which increases the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Eating large amounts of saturated fat can also cause other health problems, such as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and insulin resistance, and these problems occur because the liver works harder to process saturated fats compared to healthy fats.
- Overweight: One of the most prominent harms of excessive consumption of whole milk is that it may cause weight gain because it contains a large portion of fat, which has a negative effect on health, and increases the chance of getting chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. (1) (2) (3) (4) (6)
Body mass index calculator
|BMI lower than 18.5||under normal weight|
|BMI greater than or equal to 18.5 and less than 25||within normal weight|
|BMI greater than or equal to 25 and less than 30||higher than normal weight|
|BMI greater than or equal to 30 and less than 35||first degree obesity (moderate)|
|BMI greater than or equal to 35 and less than 40||Second degree obesity (moderate)|
|BMI greater than or equal to 40||Third degree obesity (excessive)|
No whole milk or fat?
when comparing full fat milk With low-fat milk, low-fat milk contains a little more than some vitamins and a little less than some minerals, however, it is recommended to eat low-fat milk instead of whole milk, to avoid damage from saturated fat, and you can follow the following procedures to balance the different products:
- Choose skimmed milk to eat it alone, but when cooking, you can add full fat milkAnd especially if you use butter or oils instead, it will be a healthier choice than other types of fat.
- Diversify between different products: for example, you can eat one cup of full fat milkwith full-fat yogurt on the same day, so that the dairy products are divided between milk, cheese, yogurt, andyogurtand so.
and if you want to eat full fat milkIt should not be excessive, as well as exercise regularly to prevent weight gain, and it is recommended to adhere to the recommended daily portion of the amount of fat. (1) (2) (3) (4) (6)
Ways to prevent foodborne illnesses
There are many foods that cause many diseases. Nutritional diseases are among the most common diseases that can affect the body, as … read more