What are the symptoms of a cold in babies?
The common cold is a common respiratory disease in children, and it can appear at any age, whether infants or older adults, and the chances of infection increase in the winter season, when the infection spreads more, and in this article we will focus on Symptoms of a cold in babies It is worth paying attention to.
The content of the article
The baby’s immune system
During the last three months of pregnancy, mothers begin to transfer antibodies to fetuses, and newborns retain this passive immunity for a short time, but it begins to wane during the first weeks and months of their lives.
And before it develops immune system For a completely newborn child, he may be infected with viruses that lead to colds, and although the symptoms can worry parents, they are necessary for the child, because they help the immune system learn to fight the various viruses. cause a cold
Children usually get many colds before the first year of life, and this requires good care of children, but in any case it is not dangerous if detected and treated correctly.
In order to avoid complications that pose a risk to the child, this must be recognized Symptoms of a cold in babies deal with it properly. (1)
Symptoms of a cold in babies
include Symptoms of a cold in babies The common ones are:
- Runny nose.
- Nasal congestion or blockage.
- Sometimes a slight fever.
- Dry cough that may worsen at night and towards the end of the cold.
- sore throat.
- Difficulty breastfeeding or feeding formula due to nasal congestion.
- Difficulty sleeping as a result of a stuffy nose and the child’s inability to breathe.
It may also include Symptoms of a cold in babies Some digestive problems such as vomiting and diarrhea. (1) (2) (3) (4)
Symptoms of a severe cold in babies
Regarding Symptoms of a severe cold in babies It will be as follows:
- Severe high temperature.
- Severe fatigue in the child affects his movement.
- The child suffers from a severe cough even when other symptoms disappear.
- The child’s breathing rate.
- The presence of foul-smelling yellow-green nasal discharge, either from the nose or coughing.
- Swollen glands in the neck.
- Continued cold symptoms for more than 10 days.
In case of continuation Symptoms of a bad cold In the child, or a persistent runny nose, or frequent colds, it is necessary to talk to the doctor because these symptoms may indicate an allergy to the child. (2) (4)
My daughter can’t focus
Symptoms of a summer cold
Contrary to what many think that the cold is only related to the winter season, but it can be infected in the summer season as well.
usually happens Colds in winter Because of rhinoviruses, the most common viral infection in children, they survive better in cold weather, increasing the chance of infection in the winter.
However, you can see the appearance of Symptoms of a summer cold In infants, the most common cause is enteroviruses, which can infect tissues throughout the body, especially the eyes, nose, and digestive tract.
include Summer cold symptoms the following:
- high temperature.
- sore throat.
- muscle pain;
- Nausea and vomiting.
usually disappears Symptoms of a cold in babies in the summer For several days to a week, it should be treated in the same way as the symptoms of a winter cold.
You should consult a doctor in the following cases:
- Cold symptoms last more than 10 days.
- Severe high temperature.
- Frequent vomiting of the child.
- The child has a rash.
- The child has difficulty breathing.
More: Common mistakes about colds in children
Treatment of cold symptoms in babies
In most cases it fades Mild cold symptoms within a few days, but the child should not be given medication without consulting a doctor in order to determine the cause of the infection and appropriate treatment. Treatment options include:
- Salt drops to treat a stuffy nose.
- medicine for high fever.
- Medicines by inhalation in a device designed for this purpose.
about if severe cold symptoms Persistent, the doctor may turn to some other drugs that help get rid of the symptoms.
Some home remedies can help relieve cold symptoms, including:
- The child drank warm liquids suitable for his age, such as anise and chamomile.
- The child gets the necessary rest for the immune system to perform its functions in fighting the infection.
- Use compresses in case the child has a high fever. (1) (2) (3) (4)
Read also: 4 food tips to prevent colds
How do you recognize early hearing loss in your child?
Children with a disability or hearing impairment have difficulty hearing some or perhaps all of the sounds, and they cannot always … read more