What are the symptoms of weak sperm in men?
It is considered sperm count As it is lower than 15 million per milliliter of semen, and for men who have a low sperm count, it reduces fertility, thus affecting sexual health and harming reproductive attempts, and in this article we will shed light on Symptoms of weak sperm in men This could indicate a problem that needs treatment.
Symptoms of weak sperm in men
The inability to have children is the most important and prominent Symptoms of weak sperm in menAnd if the poor sperm is the result of an underlying condition, such as a hormonal imbalance, chromosomal imbalance, or a testicular problem, or symptoms related to this condition occur, including:
- Impotence of sexual performance: Erectile dysfunction is one of the most prominent Symptoms of poor sperm in menThe number and quality of sperm are directly related to sexual health.
- Decreased libidoSperm problems, whether in low number or low quality, also indicate impotence, as a result of an imbalance in testosterone levels in men.
- Lack of facial and body hair: A man can suffer from lack of facial and body hair as a result of hormonal disorders, which also affect sperm health.
- Difficulty maintaining an erection: if you suffer from Erectile dysfunctionThis may be among the symptoms of weak sperm in men.
- The presence of an abnormal mass in the testicle area: when a man suffers from a testicle tumor, the quality and number of sperm will be affected, so these masses or swellings can be a symptom of weak sperm in a man.
- Pain in the testicles: can affect varicocele On sperm health, then the signs of varicocele can be inside Symptoms of weak sperm in menincluding:
- pain in the testicles.
- A feeling of heaviness in the scrotum.
- Testicular discomfort. (1) (2)
Diagnosis of weak sperm
When you notice something Symptoms of poor sperm in menAs we mentioned earlier, it is necessary to go to the doctor to determine the causes and the appropriate treatment, and the diagnosis of the condition will require the following procedures:
- Physical examination: The doctor will check the man’s testicle to make sure there is no problem with it.
- Knowing the medical history: the doctor should make sure that there is no previous problem affecting the sexual health of the affected person.
- Sperm analysis: can be sperm analysis Useful in this case, because the number of spermatozoa can be known under a microscope, their movement and shape can be checked, and the doctor can ask to repeat the operation again.
Other tests your doctor may order include:
- Blood tests to test hormones or chromosomes.
- Ultrasound to photograph the testicles or prostate.
- Biopsy to assess sperm production in case of blockage. (1) (2)
More: erectile dysfunction
I had a lens implant surgery a few days ago, when can I have sex
Treatment of weak sperm in men
After getting to know each other Symptoms of weak sperm in menAnd in order to diagnose the condition correctly, the doctor can determine the appropriate treatment, which is one of the following options:
- Medicines: Some problems that cause weak sperm can be treated with the use of medicines, which are usually hormonal medicines, because some men need to increase testosterone levels, but these medicines should not be taken unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Nutritional supplements: The doctor can prescribe some nutritional supplements that help Treatment of sperm dysfunctionFenugreek supplements are among the prominent types that can improve sperm, but you should consult your doctor before trying it. Herbal treatment for weak sperm Because it may cause certain side effects, especially if you are taking other medical treatments.
- Vitamin D: It has been found that vitamin D levels in the body are related to sperm quality and health, so the doctor can ask to check the levels of vitamin D in the body, and in the case of low levels, he may prescribe vitamin D supplements to improve their levels.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery is necessary, such as varicocele or obstruction, or problems with sperm exiting the body. (1) (3)
Also read: Erectile dysfunction: the most important drugs and treatments