What causes lower back pain when sitting or bending over?
Many people live with Chronic back painwhich can result from a health problem affecting the vertebrae of the spine, and the symptoms may worsen when performing certain movements, and in this article we will shed light on Causes lower back pain when sitting or bending overand how to deal with it.
What is the cause of lower back pain when sitting or bending over?
This is the main cause of aggravation Lower back pain when sitting or bending over It is the pressure on the discs that protects the spine, which increases the intensity of the pain, and it may increase Back pain when bending or sitting Because of one of the following health problems:
- Sciatica: This is a condition that leads to pain in the pink nerve located at the base of the spine, and the pain of sciatica increases with prolonged sitting, usually. Back pain on one side.
- Herniated disc: longer lower back pain One of the prominent symptoms of a herniated disc, as it causes pressure on the damaged disc, thus pressure on the spinal cord and nerves, and the pain increases when bending or sitting.
- Muscle cramps: another reason for Causes lower back pain when bendingThis is muscle tension, and it can lead to back pain and leg pain together, and in most cases, back pain due to muscle tension subsides within a month, but it can become Chronic back pain while sitting.
- Degenerative disc disease: This is a condition in which the discs between the bones in the lower spine are damaged Causes of back pain in the elderlyThe pain increases when bending or sitting, and it may The cause of lower back and buttock pain.
- Spinal Stenosis: When the spine narrows, it puts pressure on the spinal cord, thereby affecting the nerves, causing Back pain and numbnessThe pain worsens when sitting or standing.
Some people may also suffer Upper back pain while sittingThe reason for this is incorrect sitting postures and persistence in them for long periods of time, while working in front of the computer or sitting in front of tablets that require bending to stare at them, and this leads to Back and neck pain.
More: causes and treatment of lower back pain
The best sitting position for lower back pain
In the case of suffering from Back pain when sitting or bending overmust be sought The best sitting position for lower back painwhich helps relieve discomfort.
Sitting with a straight back is The best sitting position for back pain relief. So that the body does not bend forward, putting pressure on the spine.
In the case of sitting in front of the computer, you must pay attention to the position of the screen, so that it is at the same level as your eyes, and you do not have to bend down to stare at it.
Read also: shoulder pain
Hello Aleichem, is leg lifting safe for pregnant women in the first weeks and the first month, because leg lifting is beneficial for the fine hairs visible on the legs, and for which month is it safe please?
Lower back pain when sitting or bending over
In addition to choosing the best sitting position, it is recommended to perform the following procedures that help in: Treatment of lower back pain at home:
- Using hot and cold compresses: compresses help Lower back pain reliefIt is recommended to put it on for 20 minutes alternating between them, and repeat it more than once a day.
- Back Support: Easy back supports Lower back pain when sitting or bending over, Availability of back supports that are placed behind the back when sitting in a chair, especially if you sit for long periods of time at work.
- Back massage: one of the most important How to treat lower back pain at home Make sure to massage your back to promote muscle relaxation, and you can also follow relaxation techniques that reduce pain, such as practicing yoga and meditation.
- Avoid sudden movements: Sudden movements lead to Lower back pain when bending or sittingTherefore, it is recommended to do each movement gradually, whether standing or sitting, and avoid carrying heavy objects, and if you want to carry something from the ground, you must follow the correct method, while maintaining a straight back.
Causes pain in joints, glands, nerves, muscles and hormones
For those who have never suffered from joint pain, it is a complaint that everyone of different age groups has, but the causes of the pain vary… read more